Saline Tattoo Removal Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Saline Tattoo Removal?
Saline Tattoo Removal is a treatment that uses a saline solution to draw tattoo pigment out of the skin.
The solution works based on osmosis in the skin. It lifts and lightens the pigment of the tattoo. It works great on permanent makeup, pigment with multiple colors/hues, and any tattoo palm-sized or smaller.
What is osmosis?
Osmosis is where you introduce a high concentration of saltwater to the dermis where the pigment is. Water in the cells beneath the pigment contains lower amounts of salt and water will rise to the area containing higher concentrations of salt. This is called Equalization. Equalization forces the pigment from the dermal layer up to the epidermis by Osmotic pressure. This is a natural process to become equal to the higher concentration of salt and water The pigment becomes trapped in the scab and when the scabs fall off the pigment goes with it.
How many sessions do I need?
There isn’t a cookie-cutter answer because the number of sessions varies based on multiple factors, such as; how many sessions of prior work were done, what type of pigment was used, how deep the pigment is, how many years or months since last treatment, and how the skin reacts. Plan on several treatments.
Does it hurt?
Everyone has different levels of pain tolerance. Typically most people only feel mild discomfort during the treatment due to exfoliators and lightening agents in the saline solution product.
Is it supposed to bleed?
Yes! Some people bleed a little people bleed a lot and that’s okay. The more saline that is able to penetrate into the skin the better the results!
How long do I have to wait for another session?
8 weeks minimum, your skin needs to heal.
What is aftercare?
1. KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to the air. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
2. CLEAN BY BLOTTING AREA with saline 3 to 4 times a day using a paper towel or gauze. NO ICE.
3. DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes.
4. NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring.
6. ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop of Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until the next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off.
ALL BOOKING IS DONE FROM THE MENU BUTTON ON THIS SITE NOT THROUGH THE CONTACT FORM!
PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE SCHEDULING TO ENSURE YOU ARE A CANDIDATE!